Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where can a person find fiancial Help when you are both Disabled one with liver cancer?

My Husband has liver cancer and we have applied for Disability and Commensation from VA and we have not recieved anything so we are getting deeper in debt each day.We do qualifiy for food and heating assistance but that don't help pay for our home and utilities,Don't take me wrong that really helps us alot but would like the roof over our heads too.Any info would be greatly appreciated.Can send email to thank you and may the Good Lord bless each and every one of you.

Answer Question

Asked by carters1s at 8:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • have you applied for housing assistance and emergency cash assistance?

    Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

  • How about SSI ...With the VA it takes a long time you gotta keep bugging them

    Answer by yazmink at 12:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

  • Townships usually have financial assistance for people going through hard times. You can also try local churches.

    Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

  • Hi,
    If you would like some financial assistance with your medical expenses go to www.GreatHealthPlans.NET They can save you up to 80% on your health expenses. Great company. They are the largest health benefits company in the US and the plans are extremely low priced.

    Answer by Spoage at 4:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.