why do you moms keep askin

medical questions. I mean seriously if you or your kids are sick who do you think is the best people to ask...the moms here or your doctor??? think about it why wait 20 -30 min waiting on some moms to respond to your stupid..my kids sneezing, coughing and puking do you think I should call the doctor.....or my period is a week late do you think I should goto the doctor?? why not just go and call the doctor...do you really need our permission to do it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I guess the same reason you took the time to ask this stupid question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I don't know I suppose sometimes it seems like people are asking what you consider stupid questions. However not everyone (30 million working americans) has health insurance so it's not as easy as just calling the doctor. Calling the doctor isn't always an option for some people. Sometimes you aren't sure if you should go to the emergency room and add more bills to the ones that are already piling up. Sometimes something that may be obvious to you isn't so obvious to someone else. I have a question for you why do you care??? If you think it's a stupid question don't answer it. Not everyone is blessed with the knowledge, experience, access to health care that you are and this is a place where they may be able to get help. At least the people who are asking these questions are reaching out to someone for help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I think I ask ,as well as other moms ask questions to see if we're over reacting. I know when something is wrong with my babies my fist reponse is "oh no, this is bad". Now a trip to my doctor is 45 miles away from my home. Then I have to pay $20 for my co-pay (which isn't bad) but then while in the waiting room I'm sitting there with at least 20 other children who are sick, with various and probably worse than my child has and risk a stomach virus or worse! When I take a few minutes here to say "hey, is this normal?" or "Hey, do you think this warrants a trip to the doc?" And then we're reassured it's ok to wait to go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• How nice it must be to be so self confident as the original poster. Actually, it is more like pompous and arrogant. New Moms don't have all the years of experience as older Moms. Sometimes they need a little reassurance they are doing the right thing. How about the millions of Americans that don't have a Dr. OR health insurance. Before taking " your stupid..my kids sneezing, coughing and puking ..." to the Emergency room visit where the bill will likely be at LEAST $300.00 or even an "Urgent Care' that will cost $100.00 just to SEE the Dr. Perhaps they need to know for sure they SHOULD. Struggling to make rent, put food and clothes in and on their kids is hard enough. You want them to arbitrarily just 'call the Dr" Try a bit of compassion with your Latte next time.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Although I've never posted one of these "stupid" (as you so rudely put it) questions, I can totally see why someone would. It costs me $80 every time I take my kids or myself to the dr. b/c we don't have health insurance. I would prefer not to spend $80 to have the dr say "he's fine, just a sniffle" if someone on here could just as easily say, "sounds like no big deal, wait another day or two and see what happens". It's great that you have health insurance or can afford to pay the doctor every time your child clears his/her throat, but a lot of us do not have that luxury.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I've asked medical questions on here because I don't have insurance. My kids do, but I don't. If I can find a home remedy I'd rather do that than have another Dr. bill I can't pay. I don't mess with the kids health. I'd much sooner ask my mom or take them to the dr. before I ask a bunch of moms I don't know. The whole "am I pregnant" question is just funny. Haven't seen one in a few days, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I am sorry I agree...call your freakin doctor!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• We dont have health insurance,the only time i take kids to the doctors is if they have something that wont go away like strep throat,a broken bone,has to be serious,were so in debt with medical bills,thiers no way out.I alwasy try to do home remedies,most of the time they work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• None of the medical ?s asked r stupid 1s in my opinion bc I'm sure any of the moms that ask them r just looking 4 an opinion, not medical advice. I think we all no our children well enough 2 no when it's x 2 call the dr if something isn't rite. And as far as ne moms, I wish I had known about this site when mine were younger (they're 10, 9 & soon 2 b 6) bc I prob would have saved myself a lot of sleepless nights. So, in response 2 ur ?, unless ur a medicap professional that can offer real medical advice, don't b so quick 2 judge others & if ur reading these ?s & u think they're "STUPID", don't answer them, just skip them!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• okay whil yes i do agree with you if my child were sick or i felt something was wrong i would call the doctor but that was kind of harsh wasn't it i mean i have noticed some of the girls on here are kind of young and maybe just need a little nudge from other mothers. maybe you were just having a bad day if you were hope it gets better if you weren't WOW
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2008