Ive had my lip pierced for about 4 or 5 months now,if I take the ring out how long do I have until it closes?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 8:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Health

• I've never had my lip pierced but when I took my earrings out it took months for them to close over, and even then you could still see where the holes were...
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 9:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Thank you I just wanna take it out for a minute,I dont want it to close..
    mommy16love

Comment by mommy16love (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I know the holes in my ears and it took months for them to close, so a minute will do nothing.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It depends on you. I've had my lip pierced for almost 3 years and I can't leave it out for more than an hour or it starts closing. My friend has had his pierced since late last year or early this year (so less than a year) and he can leave it out longer than I can. If you're just taking it out long enough to clean it, change it, etc., don't worry too much about it. By now, it's healed so it will take a while to actually close (I'd say a minimum of one hour, a maximum of several days). If you ever take it out and forget about it for a while, push your stud or hoop through from the outside, first, to make sure that the inside isn't closed (the inside closes first), then put it in the normal way. Been there, done that a few times lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010