Why is she twitching?

My dd is 21 months old. Sometimes I'll be watching her and she just stops and kinda zones out for about 3 seconds and snaps right back to normal. When she zones it looks like she twitches a little bit. It's wierd and I don't remember my oldest doing that. Is it normal?? What is going on?

ajbrownies

Asked by ajbrownies at 9:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If your that concerned listen to your gut.. if it seems extra strange... make sure you tell your Dr.... buttt it could very well be just an immature nervous system.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Does she only do it at certain times... could she be sleepy? What part of her is twitching? I space out sometimes when I'm tired or thinking about something... and I've always been something of a space cadet. :) But listen to your gut - if you want to talk to a doctor about it, try to video tape her doing this so you can actually show them what is going on. A visual can make the diagnosis much easier.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Thanks! It doesn't seem to happen at certain times but I'll start watching more closely and keep a log or something... Video taping it is a good idea too.
    ajbrownies

Comment by ajbrownies (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i had petite mall epilepsy as a child....except for the twitching, this what my described my seizures as....the zoning out. make an appt, now. you may very well be referred to a neurologist. GL and keep us posted.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• ^ my mom, my mom described.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010