is it harder with 3 kids compared to two adult content

ok soo today i found out i was 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd kid.. my mom disowned me today because of it ... i have an almost 6 yr old a 16 month old and am now 8 weeks pregnant with number 3 ... i want to know is it harder with 3 kids ??? and is it too soon to have a baby again ... i want to have it ... but my mom thinks im gunna die just because i had a emergency c-section and shes startin to scare me ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm 24 weeks pregnant and my last is only 18 months and was a c-section. My oldest, also a c-section, was only 20 months old when that one was born. So it's not too early to have another one. But I'm going to say it's going to be harder with 3 even though I don't have my third yet. I'm sorry your mother's being that way about it all.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I hope your mom will end up talking to you. it;s only been one day. I only have 2 kids tho so cant help you there. congrats!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• whatever. i'm sure your mom is not a ob. i had a repeat c-section with number 2 and was pregnant with the third when he was 10 months old. it's not going to make you die... my ob suggest waiting 14 months before getting pregnant after the c-section so you are right on time with his guideline. in my experience it was harder going from 1 kid to 2 than from going 2 to 3. you're used to multi-tasking by now lol. plus your oldest is 6 so they should be a big help in taking care of the baby (getting diapers, outfits, etc.). i think that your mother is being overly dramatic about it.... maybe there is something else bothering her?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well, yes, it's harder. You're doing more, for more people, with the same resources. If you have a good financial situation, a good partner and a good support system that will help. And possibly very risky, since you just had to have an emergency delivery.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Umm, I would say three is more challenging then three. BUT be happy, your having a baby. My younger two are 18 months apart. My oldest is five years older. It was more challenging having them close together and it still is - only because they're both in sports and other activites that the older one is already done with.
    BUT think, about those who have twins - when my were younger I was asked if they were twice a million times.
    As for the c-section, every pregnancy is different. If your using a different doctor just make sure she/he knows your history.
    You'll be fine... Congrat's...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my oldest was born vaginally and my 2nd one was a c-section because i was 9 cm dialated for 2 hours ...
    ShAyLaSMoMmY212

Answer by ShAyLaSMoMmY212 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Oh my! I have four kids. The FARTHEST apart they are is 18 months. When the fourth child was born they were 3 years, 2 years, and one year. Every pregnancy, labor, and delivery is different. You won't necessarily need an emergency C-section with this one.

As far as your question: three kids is obviously more work than 2. However, going from 2 to 3 kids was SO much easier than going from 1 to 2. I was amazed at how little a difference 3 made! The big challenge was learning to deal with a second child when I had a toddler running around. Well, you have already done that. You deal with 2 little ones already. Seriously, it is NOT that much harder and you have already learned to deal with an infant with another child in the house! It is very do-able!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• For me, going from 1 to 2 was the hardest. I think after that you can add as many as you want. I stopped at three though. lol. But no. going from 2-3 is no big deal. Good Luck and Congrats!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• What happened with your previous pregnancies DOES NOT determin what happens with your future pregnancies. That's important to remember. Even if you have preexisting conditions, an ailment, or a disorder that can cause complications, no two pregnancies are the same. Again, that's important to remember. The body reacts different to everything, even the same thing happening multiple times.

Now with that said .. I found that going from one to two was easy, and I'm seeing it to be the same when I have our third. (Due in February) I went into having two kids thinking "All it is, is one more diaper to change and mouth to feed". Sure I have my moments where I want to tear my hair out, but honestly it's super easy. Now I know I can't speak for having three kids, as the third isn't here. But what I'm saying is that I'm staying positive about this as I did with the second. You should too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I am not sure...only have one!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010