Would it be ok with you if...

a group of witches and Voodoun Priest help re-edit future science books (w/o your consent)?
Why or why not?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 9:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't know if I'd want them to edit previous books... But then again I'm not well educated on their beliefs so I would have to gather more info before I answered this question...
    SquiggleBugg

Answer by SquiggleBugg at 9:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm not sure I understand the question. Would it bother me if someone from a particular religion, or someone who practiced a particular craft, edited science books without my consent? I don't see why they would need consent from the general public so long as they're the best candidate for the job. Religion and beliefs shouldn't matter in science, so long as they aren't being meshed with facts.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Of course, because as a Witch I would trust that they would stick to actual facts over propaganda more than some other groups of people. However I do prefer that things such as science is written by experts, regardless of their religious affiliation... Religion and Science work hand in hand when you let them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• As a witch and an atheist I would have more trust in the honesty of magick practitioners than I do in creationists trying to "edit" our science books with their fantasies!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• so long as they stay true to the nature of science and arent confusing their religious belief w/ scientific fact, i have no problem w/ it. i take issue w/ anyone who thinks their religious beliefs are science.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes they would leave out the lies, and write the truth.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• depends (and this goes with any group, regardless of religion, race, sex, region, culture, etc)... I'd like to know about it,and make sure what they are adding or editting is factual..

sorry our history books are already FULL of misleading information or inaccurate facts.. if they are doing it to correct it by all means go for it..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• oh science books. lol.. sorry been up too late...

Honestly I don't think any religion should be allowed to touch science books.. that should be left to scientists.

but I'd let them before I'd let some other religions
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't see what the difference would be. I wouldn't doubt if many of them have been. We already have them written and edited by most other groups of unbelievers without our consent. It is certainly a one-sided view when it comes to Science! The public school system isn't about education, it is about indoctrination. Which is precisely the reason why I don't allow my children to participate in the Governments indoctrination program.

missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 6:01 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well I prefer historians and scientists. The problem is most witches and Vodou Priest didn't keep detailed written records of events. Would I mind them working with historians and scientists to write textbooks, no I wouldn't.

I think history should be taught from more then one persons point of view. History should be about the people and relationships they had to groups and not just about dates and facts.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010