Besides Childbirth, How Many Times Have You

spent time over night, not as an outpatient, in the Hospital? I'm a senior & I think I just spent my 2nd time in my life this past March. I hope it's the last or at least not again for quite a while. I feel very lucky.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Health

• I was in the hospital for about 2 or 3 weeks right after I was born because I was born with Esophageal Atresia, and I had to have major surgery. Obviously I don't remember this now, but I remember growing up and having to go to the doctor way more than everyone else I knew because they were constantly making me drink that thick, yucky stuff and watching it go down to make sure there wasn't a hole somewhere or something. I was told my whole life that I would have to have at least one more surgery to fix it before I turned 12, but I never did. I feel lucky for that. Sorry I wrote you a novel for an answer lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Only 1x one night for a kidney infection
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• the only other time i spent in the hospital overnight was when my daughter was admitted a week after birth for severe jaundice.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Three times. The first time was after I was born (I was preemie) and the second was when I was 6 or 7 years old and had a tonsillectomy. The 3rd was when I was 12 and had a head injury in a horse accident.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm only 24, but other than childbirth I have never had to stay overnight in a hospital.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had tubes in my ears back in 1975. I don't think it was an outpatient procedure back then.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I stayed overnight on the 16th of this month after having my appendix taken out. And 10 years ago I spent a night after falling out of a tree and breaking my leg. I'd say you're lucky too. Hope your luck holds out :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've never spent the night in a Hospital except for with my first two births.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When I was 17, I had a seizure issue and spent 5 very long days at Johns Hopkins. While that time sucked for me, they figured out what was going on in my body and I will forever be grateful. (PS, it was nothing serious, thank goodness.=
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• once when I was a toddler for dehydration and once about 5 years ago for a kidney infection.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010