Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

does anyone know where to get help with school clothes and school supplies

im a single mother of 2 i have a son in elementry school and a daughter entering her second year of middle school im disabled and dont have money to buy the things my kids need for school i live in salem oregon if anyone knows of any resourses please let me no thankyou and God Bless

Answer Question

Asked by mamaD98 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 4 (31 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Call 411 - thats the national number for the United Way . They give referrals to agencies that can help.

    Answer by caseyandkids at 9:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • where i live the news has a backpacks 4 kids campaign where you can get a backpack filled with the correct supplies. have anything like that around you? you could research it online

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • Um, 411 in our area is information...

    For the school supplies, check with your local ministerial alliance. That's an option in our area.


    Answer by scout_mom at 9:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • Out town has a :Hope Center" that gives free clothes to people.

    Answer by luvsmysonjames at 9:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • 411 is information, not The united way.

    But do contact The United Way, The Salvation Army, or something of that nature and they can help. Also contact churches to see if they have supply drives or something of that nature.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • check the school your child or children attending. some school helps the student with school uniforms or school clothes.

    Answer by moxiema at 10:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • I would call around to local churches. A lot of churches take donations of school supplies from church members and give them to families in need. Good luck and God bless you, too.

    Answer by Kword at 10:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

  • the guidance counselors at your child's school should be able to tell you who to call.

    Answer by jcm62497 at 8:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.