How to make and pick friends in high school??? Senior and I have NO friends yet.

I am a senior and I dont have any friends. I go to a tiny high school and I have been bullied since 6th grade so I have a hard time trusting new people. Plus, not a lot of people are new! They either dont like me because I got pregnant and married young, or dont like that hanging out has to be at my house since I wont leave my daughter, or dont like my husband, or think I am wierd. I dont know what to do! I feel so alone and like I am a freak or something. I have not one friend!

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Try joining clubs both in school and out- church groups, civic groups. You meet people with similar interests this way.

Answer by Bmat at 9:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Be who you are. If they don't like it, they will lose out. Find people who are willing to accept your situation. I was a little older than you, but trust me, I know it is hard.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Don't worry about making friends or fitting in. If they are not accepting you than don't waste your time. You have your baby , husband and family.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Honestly, most high school friends are over rated. I only kept in touch with two of mine. All my other friends came from work and college, and most of them are young parents, also. I know how rough it is not really having any friends, believe me. But right now, I would really suggest you just focus on getting through your senior year and on getting into a good college, if you want to go to college, that is. Community college is a really good option, at least around here (well, actually it's the only option nearby). There are a lot of parents in college, and sometimes it's just easier to relate to a fellow parent than someone your age that has gone to your school forever. I'm sorry if this isn't what you were looking for, this is just all I can think to say/advise.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Also who cares what they really think, at least you are doing you best to take care of your child.. After all will those people who are so cruel be around in a few years.. probably not. ;).. most people you encounter in hight school fade away over the years.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well, that's probably how it's going to be the rest of the year. Try making friends outside of school.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it too much, this is you're last year anyway most of the people you go to high school with will just go off to different colleges next year and you wouldn't get to see them even if you were friends. Just be your self and if people don't like you oh well, more time to work on keeping your grades up. Don't worry about you're social life, you've got your own family at home that loves you to worry about that's more of a social life than most of them have anyway.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree w/ the first poster :) GL!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You are not a freak. You are taking what was given to you and making the best of it, which is all we can do in this world. Sometimes it helps to find somewhere with others who have children. I noticed that after I had kids, my single friends didn't talk to me much bc we just didn't have much common ground anymore. Are there groups where you live for young moms to get together. There is a group that meets at a church near us where mom's can go to a siminar/playdate for their kids for a few hours a month. I plan on attending one next month. :) Good luck to you. Things will get better.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry you are feeling left out- You are not a Freak; some people just seek out someone to Bully- i know that is hard- i was bullied all the way through school- Someone will eventually come along & except you for just being You! Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010