What is the difference?

I have heard it said here that Obama has fed his supporters a bunch of BS. And that is just really a matter of opinion. However, how is that any different than Palin/McCain saying he is Muslim/a terrorist and there are NO facts proving that and the supporters of those two believe what they say and they are pulling crap out of his life from when he was 8 years old for goodness sake and yet the supporters believe and then make comments saying out loud "kill him". Now while it is understandable to smear the opponent after all, that is what they do right? But at what point is it going too far when now there are people that want to take this man's life off the mere thought of him being a terrorist and they don't have any facts saying he is only McCain and Palin saying so. REALLY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont really care for either candidate i dont think either one is being 100% truthful
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• you know, I dont care about their past lifes, or who they are or WHAT THEY DID!. All I care about is what their going to do for this country, What their going to do to fix this mess that we're in.
    THAT SHOULD BE THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO PEOPLE. EVERYONES LOSING SIGHT OF THE MORE IMPORTANT PICTURE! Come on now...
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I agree with you very much soonmommyof3. I brought this up because I noticed people saying Obama people just believe what he says but I thought this was the same case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Right on!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It really isn't bs people are worried about the fact that our could be future President had ties with a terrorist. (The same as how close Bush and McCains plan really are) Mainly Bill Ayers.(as far as muslim, he can be muslim and not a terrorist) True are false..it does and should raise questions on either side. Even Clinton brought it up against him in the begining. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama-Ayers_controversy If your going into the politcal world you need to be sure to make choices that won't come back and bite you in the butt later. It is a valid concern.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 10:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• McCain/Palin never called Obama a terrorist nor have they said anything about his possible links to a Muslim faith. They have tied him to Bill Ayers, who is a terrorist, which is appropriate to do. He did have associations with Ayers, to what degree is still up for some debate. And I have read that that the "kill him" comment came after they were discussing Ayers, so it was likely about Ayers, not Obama. (plus it was some random crazy in their crowd, not the sentiment of every Republican by any means, and certainly not thoughts of McCain/Palin). I have heard this likened to Rev Wright, but honestly, those are two very different things. Wright spews hatred for America, and has for years. Obama chose to listen to his rhetoric. McCain/Palin are choosing to ignore the immature comments of the crowd, because acknowledging them only adds fuel to a fire.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• *sigh*
    bill ayers committed terrorist acts many decades ago!
    i'm so sick of hearing about obama's ties to a terrorist, it's just stupid.
    he worked on a board along with ayers and ayers hosted a party for him. THAT'S IT!
    every other american who was paying attention during the primaries already knows this because obama addressed it then but now that mccain is falling in the polls he'll use any distraction tactic he can.
    in fact, he hired the same people who helped bush mislead people in 2000 about mccain.(for example, they called voters in south carolina and asked them how they would feel if they knew he had fathered and illegitimate black child..) what does that say about mccain's character?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• they are all liars.they will say anything for a vote!
    want2bamommy780

Answer by want2bamommy780 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I would just like to say in response to the last post, Bush and the Republican party pushed the banks to support ALL people in their choice to become homeowners. Barack isn't in power yet and he is only ONE vote in the Senate. How exactly, then, did he cause the subprime mortgage crisis? Oh wait, I'm sure you will say its because he is black and voter fraud.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 12:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• you should really do your research on ACORN, akinbottom2.
    it's an organization that's been around for nearly 40 years.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2008