Favorite childhood books?

What were some of your favorites? I loved two books in 4th and 5th grade. Castaways in Lilliput (forgot the author) and Follow My Leader by James B Garfield. I think both of them would make good children's movies. What about you ladies? Do you remember your faves?

69humblepie

Asked by 69humblepie at 9:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Amelia Bedelia
    Junie B.
    Judy Blume
    Barenstein Bears
    Dear America
    I always wanted to read the "My name is America" series, but never got around to it. They don't sell it in Barnes and Noble anymore either.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• o boy. i loved to read lol. anne of green gables books. the lion, the witch and the wardrobe collection. shel silverstein poems. indian in the cupboard. i loved nancy drew, and when i got older i loved agatha christie books. i also loved alfred hitchcock books. american girl books. the babysitters club books. i didn't have much of a life other than reading lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Picture books: But No Elephants, Good NIght, Moon, and Dr. Seuss's ABC's. Chapter books: Beverly Cleary's Ramona series, the Boxcar Children, Nancy Drew, and I loved Harriet the Spy. That was the first book I ever read more than once. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The Giver, 1984, Animal Farm, Number the Stars, Charlotte's Web
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Charlotte's Web, Harriet the Spy, Jacob TwoTwo are a few I remember!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i looooooove the babysitters club books..and babysitter, little sister books..and sweet valley high..ooooooh i remember spending HOURS reading those every day!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Wow a lot of these are bringing back memories - two that pop into my head that got me through a lot of tough times (I was the smart kid who got picked on) - A Wrinkle in Time - Madeline L'Engle (later I read the sequels - A wind in the door and A swiftly tilting planet); and Don't Hurt Laurie - it was a book about a little girl who was abused and then I felt better because my life wasn't that bad at least..

Also reads - Nancy Drew books; Trixie Belden books; Little House on the Prairie - I loved series!!!
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my favorite book was.........Are you my mother?
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Ramona,and I loved Encyclopedia Brown! That was my dude!
    69humblepie

Comment by 69humblepie (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I teach elementary school and have found so many new favorites. Some of them include the following:
    Oh, How I Wish I Could Read
    Stellaluna
    Any of the Berenstain Bear books
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010