How many of you have catty neighbours? 2faced block drama! PLEASE READ

Hi how many of you have Mothers on your street who are snotty or think they are all that or like to gossip? My husband & I like to keep to ourselves thats how we like it but when ya have kids its seems to be getting harder & find myself hearing alot of drama crap & wondering if stuff is being said about us not that I care but I wouldn't be surprised. It seems like no one is that nice anymore and phony I can't stand that and hate drama. Had to vent!!! any of you experiencing a similar situation? Its crazy! It seems hard to make Mother friends these days for the kids sake, too many judgmental B's out there with serious issues.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We live across from lake erie. We have lived here for 3 years and hardly know anyone by name. That is okay though, my husband and I like it that way. We just mind our own business. Our next door neighbor doesn't like us that well and we know this because our kids play together and my son, who is 12 tells us. The boys all play together and from time to time their kids will say something to my son that their dad had said to them. Not a nice situation but again we just mind our business. It bothers me that they say stuff in front of their kids about us and gets said to my son, but we are not going to start anything, we are the bigger people and i want my son to be the bigger person tooo...
    catchthewave

Answer by catchthewave at 10:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• all of the people in my neighborhood hide in their houses 24/7 and i don't see them except at the bus stop. that's why i've lived here 4 years and only know like 5 people's names. so no, we don't have any issues because my neighborhood is anti-social lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• all the way! I have ahd to deal with this alot lately! Any military housing community will be overwhelmed with bored spouses
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We are very lucky that we live where we do.Our backyard joins 3 of our neighbors yards and we get along great.We are in different age groups but it doesn't matter to us.Each month we get together and sample a different adult beverage and have a cook out.First time was beer and appetizers.the next month was wines and salads etc.During the winter months we will meet at one of the eateries/drinkeries in town.

Tikismom
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My sister is like this, I'm the complete opposite. But we live three hours away from each other, so we don't hear what's going on about each other. Like you, I stay to myself and don't create any waves. I would hate to see a child get caught in a war with 2 moms. It's no telling what we would hear from other parents at school or anywhere else for that matter. Sometimes it is hard to sit and watch these things happen in our own neighborhood.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010