FREAKING OUT!!!

I have the mirena and I have had it for about 8 months now and I have had no periods for 6 months this morning I thought I felt a kick as if I was pregnant and my stomach has gotten a bit larger but not insanely large.....I am concerned what would you do? I do have a son prior to mirena

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Health

• Well I would take a pregnancy test...
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 9:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• There is a possibility that your periods will stop with Mirena. That being said, if you're really concerned about it, talk to your doctor!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'd take a test and call your OB...
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• sometimes i feel like i have a baby kicking me too..... since my first kid and way before my mirena was put in. i think that's normal and i wouldn't assume that you're pregnant. i don't get a period anymore, but i do get bloated around the time my period was supposed to come
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree, take a test and if you are still concerned after that, go see the dr.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I also had Mirena and my periods were so spiratic and light. I also gained a little weight with it, and since I've had my kids I, too, feel like I have a baby kicking, but it is just gas! lol. Just to ease your mind and make sure, I would take a test and call your dr bc "pregnancy with Mirena, although uncommon, can be life threatening" ...that Mirena commercial. lol. But seriously, the only one who can diagnose you for sure is your dr and I would go if you are worried!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010