when can you find out the gender

some wemon like to keep it a saprise but i cant wait. i am new at this and young, i really want a girl. i have hear so many answers and so many diffrent weeks.. im soo confused

Asked by skibunkay at 9:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You noramlly can't find out the sex of the baby until after 15 weeks. Alot of doctors will want to wait until after 18 weeks so that they can get a good picture.

Answer by Sonylena at 9:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I found out at 18 weeks, it depends if they can see anything on the ultrasound or if you have a stubborn baby it may wait till 20 weeks

Answer by fire_girl7281 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I found out at 20 weeks with all of them - but doc says they can determine at 16 weeks. However, remember, that it's not always accurate. I was told with 3 of my babies that they were girls. I currently have 5 boys.

Answer by mama_of5 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• about 18 weeks!

Answer by VictinaG at 10:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Ok, you can find out through an u/s (basically SEE what it is) around 15, 16 weeks (if you're lucky and baby cooperates!), but by 5 weeks, the chromosomes have developed and the sex of the baby is determined. If for some reason, they take any fluid from baby, you COULD have it tested for the chromosomes to find out.

Answer by eirejade at 10:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• some have found out earlier but most drs prefer to wait til between 18 to 20 weeks its more likely to see what ti is more clearly

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i went to three different doctors in three different states for all my kids (this will be the 4th in yet another state lol) and all of them have told me around 16 weeks. of course none of my babies cooperated at that time...two had their legs crossed and one actually had a hand between the legs. i ended up finding out the sex of my 2 girls at 8 months and i didn't know my son was a boy until he was born...he was the one holdin his junk for the ultrasound. lol

Answer by AbbyKaiyaQ at 12:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008