Is it consider cheating if you talk to another man online?

My husband doesn't make me feel sexy anymore no less does he tell me that im pretty and barely says I LOVE YOU. He has cheated on me in the past, so one day at home i was on myspace and put up a new pic and later i got alot of guys tellin me that i was sexy and pretty and all that...Just from hearing that made me feel wanted again but not by my husband...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• some people would. i personally don't...
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It depends on what you are talking about. I talk to my friend Brian online, but we have been friends forever. We talk about our kids, work, vacations etc.
    If you talk about sex, and flirt, then I think it is more of an gray area. It can go into more of an emotional affair that way.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I can relate but have you talked to dh about this? the not feeling wanted? if not, I beg you please try. What you are doing is dangerous, to YOU, not just to your marriage.
    the men who "make" you feel sexy? honey, YOU can feel sexy without a man saying it, and i am saying this to myself too! Fix whats broken for you currently before trying to find someone else to fix it.
    hugs mama, truly, best of luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• do you respond to them with flirting back? i think it's emotional cheating and most cheaters that cheat do it cause their missing everything you described from their lover. so be careful you don't want to end up cheating. couldn't you just be happy and reaffirmed that you are all that even if your husband fails to appreciate you anymore.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It's not cheating if you talk to someone online, if you are only doing so in friendship. If you start going into flirting and intention of talking about more, then that is cheating, and you should examine why you are doing this while you are married. I highly recommend you go to marriage counseling very soon to get some help if you want to save your marriage at all. Just because your husband cheated doesn't give you a pass to do so yourself.

Please go get help, mama. If you want to be with another man, you need to get divorced first. Having children can change a relationship, but you want to work with your husband, do it. Don't nuke the relationship by being with another man now. Best wishes to you.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 10:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I, personally, think it is wrong to purposefully seek out attention from other guys if you are married. (No offense toward you, but...) Maybe instead you could spend the time trying to spice things up a bit and get some attention from you SO? Try something new, something romantic, and/or just talk to him about how you feel. Communication is very important in a relationship. Good luck to you in your relationship. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• In my marriage... Yes it would be considered cheating. If it would considered cheating for my husband to do it (which it would be) then the same goes for me.. My husband and I have legal agreements (post nup, notarized and signed off on by a judge) that lays out what we would both consider cheating and possible grounds (if not full on grounds) for a divorce.. Online chatting in such a manner with the opposite sex would go agreements.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think it depends, if you feel like you need to hide it from your husband then I would say yes, if you can tell him about it without feeling bad or guilty than it is just talking....
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 10:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I don't consider it cheating unless A.) You actually have physical SEX and B.) you go against your SO or lie to/ keep it from your SO.

So NO, talking online - even websex - isn't cheating!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Depends if things are deleted and hidden
    kkleywegt41

Answer by kkleywegt41 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010