Does anyone know how to get nail polish off?

I was wearing a new shirt and painting my daughters nails....stupid I know but I couldn't pass up the chance for a girly moment in our boy filled house. I bent down to put the bottle brush back and she ilfted her hands to show me at the same time, needless to say I have a toddler hand of nail polish paint smug that's bright orange on a new 100% cotton dress shirt that's green. Does anyone know how to get nail polish out of cotton, and nail polish doesn't work?

candle5

Asked by candle5 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try some non-acetone nail polish remover. do a test spot on an inconspicuous seam piece or something first though! then you'll want to use a stain remover on any color remaining
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• nail polish remover?
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• sadYikes, not sure anything will get it out honey. I would just go buy another of the same shirt. Nail polish will not work. I think it would have the same affects as bleaching it would.

2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• try isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol as well - you need to use a non-polar solvent on that - good luck
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010