Am I just being paranoid???

I dated a guy for 8 years he always cheated on me lied to me and treated me bad but since he was the only one I had I kept going back with him we have a 5 year old together well I broke up with him for good now (and i am happy)..I met this guy he is really nice he has met my child and acts like he cares for us both saying "I want you and ___in my life", "I miss you" just sweet stuff He has even takin me to meet his parents and brother and he said his mom said she likes me and told him "im a keeper" lol but sometimes I just feel like he is talking to some other girl or something...he has not talked much to me today he did call and say do you want to come over tomorrow and we can grill chicken or somthing but he only texted me earlier when i asked what he was doing he just said watching tv fixing to go to bed i think this is a little weird b/c we usally text ALOT...am i just being weird or do you think there could be some1 else

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• id say no.. dont think too much into it, give him a fair chance and try not to think about what other guys have done to you
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Maybe he fell asleep?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• you are NOT weird hon, you are NOT paranoid-you are scared. and I can see why. We moms go thru some crap dont we? (hugs) I say dont pay attn to such tiny details, like how many texts, how many"anythings"...is he good to you and your 5 yr old? ok then, go on that. and I mean this in the best way-look into some counseling to deal with the fears of cheating and emotional abuse, because you need to have some peace of mind. because even if he isnt "the one" you want to feel good about yourself with or without a guy. you need to heal from the ex jackass...hope I helped, and from what you shared, NO I do not think he is cheating
    I think your perceptions are a lil mixed up from your past treatment, and i feel ya there.gl.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• well there always could be but the chances of that is not very highly. maybe he just has other stuff on his mind or just didn't feel like texting. sometimes i just get tired of talking to my husband. i'm not mad at him just tired of having to explain things or repeat myself. after all he did ask you out again for tomorrow. also you guys are just dating right not an item. he could be dating which is nothing wrong with that. just wait it out and see what happens. don't worry trying to figure things out. in the future all things come to light.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• well i wouldn't be concerned. just because someone is texting you alot doesn't mean they're not cheating.... and just because someone is not texting you doesn't mean that they are. you don't want to become the psycho one and feel the need to freak if he's not stuck to you 24/7. give him a chance. remember he's not that other guy and he deserves a fair chance. i know it's hard but you have to put the past in the past and move on
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't worry too much, he may have just been tired or needed some guy time. It doesn't mean hes cheating or anyhting though.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i know how hard it is not wanting things to go badly but still expecting them to. it is okay to be scared. i think the best thing is for you to talk to him about it, and not in a defensive way, just as a this is what happened to me, i have issues with this and i could use some help when it comes to trusting you sort of way. if he knew your past it may be reassuring to you and him that you are wanting to talk about it. good luck and dont wait for the bottom to fall out
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Id say yes, there is someone else...sorry
    kkleywegt41

Answer by kkleywegt41 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think he is In To You! He was just tired tonight- No Worries!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree with daisyb. Just wait until tomorrow and call him
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010