anyone have the mirena??

i had the mirena put in about 6 mths ago after i had my dd....since ive had it inserted ive had one normal period....and then a mth ago a week of just spotting and thats it in 6 mths....im having alot of signs of being pregnant that i had with my first....but a pregnancy test comes out negative...what are the possibilties of becoming pregnant with the mirena?? do this just sound like side effects of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that sounds normal.... it will make you lose your period
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i actually got pregnant on mirana.. and i was always very sick with it too. i had it two different times and it always made me very tired.. i was always getting sick an dgot migranes horribly!!! as soon as i got it taken out the last time it was because my migranes were taking over my whole life,, i couldnt even go to work. less then 3 hours after i got it taken out my migrane was gone and i havent had one since.. i was also very stressed when i had it, was emotional sometimes and got overwhelmed very easily..
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• when i got pregnant on mirana last september i was having signs but didnt think i was pregnant.. sounds crazy but i fenely ended up taking a test.. and i took 7 before i actually believed that i really was pregnant.. i lost the baby at 9 weeks when i had to have mirana removed:-(
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i have a ton of pregnancy symptoms. i hate the thing. i am getting it out, because i dont like the feeling of being preggers when i am not. i took tests and they all came back negative. it is very possible to have most pregnancy symptoms and not be though. i havent had a period since the first month either. the doctor told me that was normal though with some women.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I recently had mine removed as well. I was having heart palpitations, head aches, water weight, abnormal periods, and just didn't feel healthy. I feel SOOOO much better now that I've had it removed. I feel normal again and my periods are normal again. I would take a test to be sure and call your dr. Good luck to you.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had that IUD for 5 years, never had a problem. I didn't get my period for most of the time, sometimes occasional spotting, i never got pregnant while I was using it. The only thing is I had to go in a few times in the beginning to have the strings cut shorter, they were hurting my SO, but besides that I loved it!

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 10:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have had mine a week and the doctor said very irregular or absent periods is completely normal and actually happens 70 percent of the time :) The mirena web site has a ton of info on it!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010