What can I do/how can I decorate with "ladder back" chairs?

I have two that someone was throwing out.........
I've had to remove the seat of them, so wether I re-weave the seat or not, what are some things I can do or how can decorate with them?
I'm really into the colonial/barn kinda decor.....any ideas? Links would be great if you have any! thanks!

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 10:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If you don't want to use the chairs for actual seating, I saw a really cute idea in a magazine. I can't remember which one, BH&G, maybe? Get a pot that is big enough to go in the seat, but not big enough to go all the way through it. Put a pretty plant in, and VOILA! A planter. You don't even have to refinish it, although it could be really cute if you painted them a color and then distressed them a little.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Instead of re-weaving the seats, you could screw in place a piece of wood over the seat--smoothed and sanded, and then cover with batting and a pretty floral tapestry or pattern, or a barn star or black crow design fabric--that fits with the colonial look, and set them in the corners of the room as accent chairs, with or without a small decorative toss pillow, primitive doll, or a reproduction tea-stained quilted throw. I would also paint them with a faux texture paint--like antiquing, weathering or crackle in colors that coordinate with your room.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010