Can I ask for votes on Cafemom for a contest on Facebook?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You can do so in your journal if it is flagged for the market place or it may get removed. You can do so in groups that allow it, there aren't many. You can do so in your thought bubbles all you want. You cannot go to others' chatterboxes and leave messages about it. You can leave as many in your own as you would like, however only you and people who visit your page will see it. You can put it all over your profile with no problems.

A private message or PM is the on site email system. You can message your friends through your inbox or message anyone else by clicking the send a message button next to any screen name on the main site. In answers you first need to click the name and go to the transcript then to their profile to find it. You cannot send random PMs to people asking for votes, that is considered SPAM.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• in your journal. then you have to PM your friends....if I am correct...you can't advertise that kind of stuff in groups.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• What is "PM your friends"? Is this something that I can post in my ChatterBox?
    marchar2002

Comment by marchar2002 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You can but in certain groups but not all..
    Mazie0723

Answer by Mazie0723 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Don't know the answer so will pass. Sorry
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think misunderstood1 is correct you can do it in a journal on your profile and you could put it in your thought bubble
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2010