Is Anyone else tired of it all??

Is anyone else as tired of the smear campaigns, the lying, the bashing, the hateful remarks to supporters of opposing sides as I am? I am also tired of hearing about the war. We are there. I don't care how you voted at the beginning, I now care about the getting us out of it plan. I also want to hear from the candidates on things like gun control, death penalties, treatment of war prisoners etc. Am i the only one who can't wait for this election to be over just so that the HATE will somewhat go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• You're right in how you feel. News stations are constantly siting polls that say voters do not like smear campaigns and commercials. The truth is, people DO want to hear a candidates plan, but because there are so many uninformed voters out there, they use scare tactics and pick and choose through each others voting records to make the other look bad. It's just easier for them to make the other one look bad by pointing out incidents rather than demonstrating how they are the best package. Sucks, huh?
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• clappingYES YES YES YES   I am sick to death of hearing all that crap. All I want to know is what are their plans should the become president.  There should be some kind of guidelines they should have to follow when it comes to campaigning.  I find the commercials just plain old annoying honestly!

Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 10:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Oh hey over here!! I am I am !! I want it over today!! I am spent! I have heard it all on both sides!!I am tired tired tired!! The news, the internet, friends, family, the radio...the sad thing is when it is over there will be more hate, instead of who shouldn't be President it will be "I told you so" or "great our country is screwed" The best one I heard was "I am moving out of this country!" and not just on this site, I have actually heard my own family say the same thing. How can you call yourself American when you run away when times get tough. Anyways, yes I am sick of it and can't wait for Novemeber and not just because it is my B-Day month.......phew..okay I feel better..

Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 10:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Izzyscrazymom It is my brother and Dad's birthdays next month too! My brother will be the big 30! And my dad 55.

Happy early birthday in case I don't run into you anymore.
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 10:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Oh how I feel like I need a enema for my brain!!! I was doing everything i knew how to stay informed. I watched as much of the "debates" as I could stand, which really weren't debates by definition. To be honest, I am so not beleiving Obama or McCain. My husband is on his third tour and things aren't getting better. My children are living in a world that they won't be able to travel and see because they are Americans! NO MORE! Take a wrecking ball at it like they do to the Vegas casinos when they get old or outdated, and start over. No more Rep or Dems or Bush and his cronies! I don't want to have to worry about which country my children are going to be sent to to fight! With less than a month to elections, I had to turn of the TV's, stop reading my newspapers, don't read the homepage of my internet and pray that whatever the electoral college decides this time might actually make a difference for the GOOD.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 10:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i just want to hear about the issues.
    i'd also like it if cable news, instead of showing me a few bits of each camp's speech, instead would show us the entire thing.
    i hate hearing one or two quotes and then watching a panel discuss it.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Oh I am so done with it all! Unfortunately, its very addictive. I am looking forward to it being over so I can move on. I am having my 2nd baby on November 6 (2 days after election day), so I am sure once that happens I will be so wrapped up in my loving my new little one, and taking care of my older boy, that I won't even notice what has happened in politics. But for now, I am huge and pregnant, and read pretty much any article or piece of literature I can get my hands on. Like I said, its addictive!
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Thank you whoistheboss  I will  be 31 on the 13th this is the first year I am not even planning for anything, just counting down the days until election time so everyone I know will go back to normal everyday people instead of "hate spewing" people..lol! The bad thing about this and I am guessing all elections is that everyone has that one reason above all other for why they want to vote for someone, and noone can tell them anything else, it gets ugly. I personlly just want a President to take office and shack things up, change the way we are heading. I don't even care at this point who it is. I'm not really a big fan of either. Even though I do lean more towards one, I would of rather another person. But majority rules no matter how you vote.

Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 11:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Amen
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• ME!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2008