My two year old constantly says she is hungry but when I give her things she either takes a bite and walks off, or plays around and don't eat at all! Shes to skinny in my opinion and I need advice.

flamminpenguin

Asked by flamminpenguin at 11:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• next time she wants some thing to eat tell her she has to sit down and eat it and she can play later also make finish her meal
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• try not letting her drink a bunch when playing so when you sit her down for meals she will eat also try giving her a pedisure once a day it helped my 2.5 year old
    Kaizensmommy

Answer by Kaizensmommy at 11:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That's normal for a 2 yo. Save the things she starts to eat for when she says she is hungry in 15 min.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree with having her sit down to eat. Something else to consider is how much she drinks in a day. When my kids start doing that it's usually because they haven't been drinking enough water... it's not uncommon for the brain to misinterpret thirst signals as hunger.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 12:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Have set meal/snack times. Those are the times she gets to eat, not just whenever. If she doesn't eat at one meal/snack, then she'll be hungry when the next one rolls around. It won't take her long to realize that she needs to eat when it is meal/snack time or she'll have to wait until the next one.

Answer by missanc at 12:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i agree with the 1st poster..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010