Does anyone else feel chated with the fact that best music came out before they were born?

Because I sure do. My dad has this bunch of old teen magazines from about 1964-1968. I was looking through at all the music and realizing how most of the best music came out before I was even born. (I was born in 1984). It's not fair all that I missed, lol.

Who are some of your favorite bands or musicians from before your time?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• I used to, in high school. I am a huge beatles fan and was OBSESSED with them and didn't much care for current stuff. But I've gotten to see Paul live, and Ringo's all starr band, and Bowie and the stones and pink Floyd and the who and neil young and aerosmith and Ray Charles, along with newer stuff I like such as the white stripes and u2 and Liz pahair, they might be giants and Nellie mckay, so I feel pretty fortunate timing wise
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• the beatles. that's about it lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• gosh there is so much but i know all of them i didnt miss them now i have passed it own to my kids and there are hardly any we dont know or havent heart before i was born in 83
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Well.. that would depend on when you were born... LOL

I was born in 63'..... I think I've lived through some pretty good music... :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sure do, back in the day you had to have talent. Now technology can make you sound better. Good thing is that you be great tunes online.

Twisted_Halo

Answer by Twisted_Halo at 11:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i do...i would have given anything to see Zeppelin
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• OP, as far as I can tell, the best music came out in the '80's!! Some in the late '70's, too. And, the pp is right, back in the day, you had to have talent. (Oh, yeah, I was born in the 60's!)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yeah..I missed out on the British Invasion!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:24 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I was born in 85 and loved listening to my dads music heck I still do! Copperhead road was his all time fav....
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thats the great thing about music it never dies just gets remade and becomes better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010