how did you ween (sp?) your child off a pacifier if they used one?

My daughter is ten months old and I'm starting to get her off it little by little. Any suggestions?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i just threw them all away lol. he missed it for like a hour then it was business as usual
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my boys would never take to one although i tried after a while we lost it and he never cried for it.. i tried with the last boy and he just chewed on it...
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We transitioned our DD to have the paci only at naptime & bedtime... in a couple of months I'm planning on getting rid of it completely. My DS never took a paci either.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My husband took scissors to them and tossed them...my boys were mortified! My littlest guy I just kinds would say, hmm... not sure where it is, I'll take a look for it later... before you knew it, he just stopped looking for it!

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:34 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My son never used his a whole lot, but he did off and on. So right before he turned two I told him it was time to throw them away and say bye bye, and he did it, and never seemed like he regretted it.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2010