Baby slings

What one is a good buy? I am looking for a good one for my 5 month old chunky ;) baby. I would like one that is easy and quick to put the baby in and out of ( i also have a three year old.) also, one that doesn't take a class to wear! lol

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 11:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• here is a collection of videos demonstrating different styles.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1582037/Babywearing_Traditional_Styles
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would look at pouches for convenience... soft structured carriers are best for long term... but an investment! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think a mei tei is a great one that can be worn on the front or back and has a lot of fabric to support our chunky babies.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have a Hotsling. I love it. My daughter was big too. 30+lbs by 6 months old.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've got a major porker fatty fatty. I use a Moby because it spreads the weight and really holds her down in there. People act like they are hard to tie on-- not true. One tie style does like 8 holds-- front, hip, back, inward facing, outward facing, etc. It's also easy to wash.

Seriously, borrow someone's for the day before you buy one of anything. You really want to try it on and put the baby in it. There is a group in Atlanta called Koala mommas who do sling demos and help moms try them. See if you have something like that -- a "slingers club."
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I like mei tais for ease of use, longer wearing, adjustability, and versatility (front, back, or hip)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• thanks for asking this question.... i needed the answer too
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thanks amileegirl
    rileymommy

Comment by rileymommy (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010