What are the purpose of bank statements if you cannot use them when your applying for assistance?

I am in need of medical assistance in PA I am 7.5 months pregnant and every time I go to apply or the state to apply for assistance they deny me. Why because my husband who is self employed they need his 2009 tax return. We only got married in November of 2009. We can't find them. We need to find out another way to go around this. He has moved so much since May of 2009 we dont know where half his stuff is. This is so frusturating.

sfchick

Asked by sfchick at 11:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Who did his tax return? If it was a place like H&R block, they should have a copy of his return. Otherwise, I would start looking for that return. You should keep those for like 7 years or so anyway, so you might want to locate it just in case.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• All you have to do it go to the federal building in your town and get a copy, its free and takes just a couple minutes if you don't have to wait in line! GOOD LUCK!
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 11:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We are living around boxes right now because we just moved so we can't find it.
    sfchick

Comment by sfchick (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The purpose of bank statements are to verify the funds in your account. It sounds like you need a tax return for your purposes.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• All you need to do is stop by your closest IRS office and they will print a FREE copy of your return!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Sorry, of his return.
    MommaofH2

• Is this a serious question? Bank statements were designed to help you see the funds and the activity in your account. They were not designed with that intent. Why doesn't he just go to the place that did his taxes. I am sure they can get him a copy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• He should get a copy from the IRS.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• To burn to keep you warm.
    I never can do anything with mine so I just burn them in the BBQ pit.
    Best of Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Bank statement are used to reconcile your account.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010