Have you known someone who married and completely changed instantly?

She married an attorney, a selfish one who has to have everything his way. My daughter has changed completely and is pushing me out of their life. He and his mother have total controll and always have. He was previously married, has 2 girls, a troublesome ex, and expects he should be paid a ton to be a lawyer. He was asked to leave the firm he was with because of his attitude about money. My daughter has rescued him financially.
Her and I got along great. I saw or talked to her and my grand daughter everyday, now my daughter refuses to let me see my grand daughter, won't send me her soccer schedule, does not want me to talk ot r see her at all til she is good and ready. I suspect she will let this continue hoping my granddaughter will forget me. She is so hurt and cries all the time. I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• oh I am SO sorry.. that just made me sick to my stomache thinking of how you must be feeling.. she is being controlled by this man and now acting selfish.. I am so sorry..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• So sorry for you, hope she comes to her senses.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sounds like your daughter is in a controling relationship. Unfortunately, this is something she has to realize on her own. Until that time, all you can do is show her you lover her.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Probably best to back off and let her learn the hard way. Just let her know you love her and your door is always open when she is ready. She will come around.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010