how old is to old to sleep with mommy and daddy??

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 11:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• past a newborn imo
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Whatever is right for the parent and child. I slept with my mom until I was 16 and you know what, I STILL sleep with her when I come home to visit and Im married with two kids, lol. I co slept with both of my children and they both decided to get a big girl bed on their own around their first birthday. There is not right or wrong answer, its whatever YOU feel is right.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 11:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• depends on when and how often.. like during storms when I was growing up, I still crawled in bed with my mom at 11, 12.... I am 32 and still would crawl in with her if I could..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Whatever is right for your family - our oldest moved to her own bed full time when we found out we were having our youngest (she was 4). Our youngest was in her own bed at 3.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think it is different for every family. Whatever is right for the parents and child as well as each situation.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I am asking because my step son 9 years old refuses to sleep in his own bed at my house he goes straight to bed at his moms with out any problem. my SO let him sleep with us all the time and it makes me very uncomfortable i think he is to old to be sleeping with a woman who is not his mother. whenever i say bedtime he freaks out and throws a 2 year old tantrum. i dont know what else to do me and SO have already fought over this a number of times and he tells him he has to sleep in his own bed from then on only to ask him to sleep with him the next night.. i am so frustrated i dont know what else to do.
    brittanybell

Comment by brittanybell (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• This is probably bad advice, but on one of the nights that your step-son is going to stay with you, tell your husband you want "special" time with him later that night. You have to follow through, of course, but I bet your SO will want his son in his own bed if you offer. Because no one really wants to have sex with their child in bed, right?
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:02 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have a couple of times even before his son comes over and he still ends up sleeping with us.
    brittanybell

Comment by brittanybell (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i usually let my kids sleep with me til they start school then i figure u a big kid now..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Whenever is right for them. My oldest 3 always go to sleep in their own beds. Still sometimes they end up in mine. It depends on how tired I am if I put them back in their beds. I have two in bed with me now. 3 year old and 9 month old :) growing up I would get in bed with my parents every now and again even at 16. I miss my mommy now sometimes lol
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2010