Toddler lamps?

I need a light for my DD's room, but she slightly a curious troublemaker (ex. the plug blockers would make her play with the plug more and I've seen her try and unplug/plug-in things). I've thought of hanging one but the plug and wire would still worry me.

What would be a safe light solution?

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 12:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• can you put the light on a night table or dresser? that way the plug would not be accessable
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• She doesn't have any furniture besides a bed and a nightstand and the night stand is too low for that, she would mess with it.
    Deathlilly

Comment by Deathlilly (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• they have lights shaped like moons or stars hearts so on they take batteries and you just push it on or off i found them at the $store but i am sure you can find something like them if not them at other stores
    Kaizensmommy

Answer by Kaizensmommy at 12:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i put my sons lamp on the bookshelf which is nailed to the wall and the wire is out of reach. he also has a ceiling light but we use the lamp at nighttime since it isnt as bright
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You can get plug covers that are like a box. The flat piece replaces the original outlet cover (the frame around the plug that screws into the wall with 1 screw) then you plug in your item, then a large box like part slides over top. She can't unplug it or play with it at all. I got one at walmart or target I think. If not there Lowes has a decent child proofing department.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2010