Has anyone ever told you that its hard raising a child and that your not going to make it??

i was told that several times over the last week. they say its hard raising one kid so i wont make it raising two of them. it kind of hurt my feelings becuz my babies arent even here yet so how do they know? and what in there right mind gives them room to talk?

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 12:05 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is not easy raising 1, 2 or 5. But you do your best and hope that it is right. As a parent you become a mother, teacher, protector and taxi driver. You have to put your child first and make decisions for them teaching them the right way to make decisions, show respect and be disiplined. Trust me it is amazingly hard. I did it twice and would not change anything. I loved being a parent and am proud of my children.
    Nana131014

Answer by Nana131014 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I became a single parent with two children at 27. It was really hard and many people thought I couldn't do it. Do not listen to anyone who decides you can't be a good parent. Only you can decide to be a lousy parent. Don't be afraid to ask for help sometimes but I'm sure you will be fine.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Do not listen to them. Yes, it's hard. Yes, it's something that you can't fully plan for. However, the one thing I didn't plan on was how much I was going to absolutely, unconditionally love my child. I had no experience with babies, was pretty selfish with my time, and my son completely changed me. You'll be amazed at how much your love for them will get you through the hard times. Keep your head up, and prove them wrong! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010