Buying baby stuff too early??

im 21 weeks and im ready to buy baby stuff for my babies. everyone keeps saying no becuz im might jinx myself. does anyone else believe in that? the doctors said my babies are healthy but people keep freakin me out.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 12:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I do not believe it is possible to jinx yourself. I think that you should go ahead and start buying things. It makes everything seem so much more real. Good Luck :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:19 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't think that is 2 early. I think with this pregnancy I started shopping at 25 weeks.
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 12:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i started buying things around 15wks..i dont think its too early..if i had of waited like you are i wouldnt have gotten anything done..now i did buy everything in advance but didnt put it together til later on like 27wks my dd was born at 29wks so..i guess my body was telling me to get it done
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• With both pregnancies I started buying stuff as soon as I found out the gender... which was about 20 weeks. So I don't think thats too early.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• it's not too early! Just be careful and get gender neutral stuff -- I was convinced during my second pregnancy that I was carrying another son... so I bought a ton of baby boy clothes on clearance... and guess what! I had a GIRL. go figure.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Jinx yourself? I don't believe in that! I say, go shopping! )
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I began shopping at around 22 weeks, getting some of the bigger items out of the way early on. I don't see any problem with that early. i think it's smart to start planning early, especially if you need to work around your paychecks every month. I would say anything before the first trimester is over is bad luck. Too high of a risk of miscarriage that early on, but after...go for it, mama! Congratulations!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I couldn't wait to buy baby things. I think I was maybe 3 months pregnant when I bought the first thing for my son. If I could have, I think I would have had his room ready then too but my husband asked me to wait until around 6-7 months. I think he was worried about jinxing things.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 12:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Shop now while you have time and energy!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I had a history of miscarriage, so i was nervous about this with my daughter. I just waited until we found out the gender. By then I figured I was in the clear. And then we were able to know with 99% accuracy that I wouldn't be upset that I got a bunch of pink and purple stuff.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010