Swelling?

I am 29 weeks pregnant and my swelling has started. I got really scared last night because when I went to bed, my right leg was huge. I got the blood pressure cuff and took my BP which was okay. I didn't have a headache. I always worry about PreEclampsia with pregnancy but the thing that scared me the very most is that I am only swelling in one leg. Have any of you experienced this?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did. My right leg would swell but the left never really did until the last few wks of preg.

when to be concerned. push down with one of your fingers where the swelling is, if the skin stay's indented and DOES NOT bounce right back then the swelling is to much and you need to call doc or midwife.

Also YOU HAVE TO DRINK A LOT OF WATER!!!!! WATER!!! WATER!!! WATER!!! I hate water now b/c I drank it so much but if your concerned about swelling this is the cure. WATER!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have but not in just one leg. Are you drinking TONS of water? Not just the 8 8-oz glasses non-pregnant people are required...
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• swelling is normal! I always get swollen at the end 30-40 weeks! I am a small pregnant person, I am having my 5th, and I exercise, but I still swell in my feet! Preeclampsia will swell your hands and face too! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2010