Diaper cream on the boob......yeah.... adult content

No this isn't a comical piece! Although I really wish it were! LOL I have this horrible rash under my breast. ... called my ob/gyn and the nurse recommended an antifungal cream- no change. I've been going bra-less for about 4 days now, as much as I can anyways, and now I'm down to using friggin Desitin.....don't know why I thought it would work, but has anyone else ever had a boob rash? What did you use to get rid of it?! :( I haven't changed laundtry soap, body wash- no change is anything I use, no change in my diet, or exercise- it just appeared tuesday and gets worse when I wear a bra...it's more than chaffing, and baby powder, anti fungal, and now desitin don't seem to have any effect at all... HELP!!!

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 1:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Health

• I have had these rashes. I am somewhat well endowed, so in the heat, I get moisture build up there. Even showering twice daily which I always do, didn't help. I actually used cortizone cream and covered them with non stick gauze bandages so that the rash wouldn't be exposed to more chaffing from my bra or additional irritation from the heat and sweat.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I had that before and used Gold Bond medicated cream on it. As far as any kind of chaffing like I always get when I go to amusement parks or such in the summer from my legs rubbing I use Dr. Smith's Diaper ointment you can get at Wal Mart. Good luck but I would try the Gold Bond.
    dyldylsmom

Answer by dyldylsmom at 1:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• a boob rash usually happens from sweat mixing with bacteria. make sure you shower daily before bed and wash yourself thoroughly and the rash should clear up. you should always shower at night instead of the morning
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Sounds logical to me
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:08 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• never had a boob rash, just mastitis. :(
    EmmaLeeMaLa

Answer by EmmaLeeMaLa at 1:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• ohhh!! EmmaLee- I had that breast feeding my third child. I had a fever, shaking like crazy, burning hot, freezing cold and in so much pain I thought I was going to die! I called my mom at 6am and told her how I felt, she diagnosed me over the phone!! She'd had it twice before! Called my doctors office, and the nurse, bless her heart, told me she could tell I was in some serious pain and called me in a scrip without having to go into the office!! NEVER exerienced anything so painful as that!!! LOL And I've had 4 c-sections! LOL
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2010