Ever Get Blammed For Something U Didn't Do?

Don't you just love when you or DH/SO get blammed for something at work? I guess sometime last week DH got sent home, because a patient on his hall didn't get a shower during the morning shift. But some how DH who works 2nds shift (2pm-11pm) got blammed for it. Now he's out of work. He has his CNA so it never was an issue finding a job. But let me tell you this time around it seems near impossible. He's even looked into other jobs. Everything that would pay atleast $10/hour either needs a 2-4 year degree or 1-5 years experience. What ever happened to on the job training?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes a few times.. I had a girl literally sabotage company property just to make it look like I did it to try to get me fired... (we had them masked, and me and another girl had a vacation day scheduled the next day.. well 100 of the parts got painted the first day and were fine.. when we got back from our vacation day we found out that all the parts that got painted the next day had problems with them.. mostly a piece of masking missing or a plug).. thankfully the vacation day we took was for a job interview at another company because this girl had been getting worse and worse at trying to get us fired. Jokes on them.. took 6 girls to replace the two of us. And we both got better paying jobs at the other job.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• y do pple hate on others just for duin a good job at work... they shud worry about themselves and not knock a person for trying to make a living...
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 5:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i know how you feel. i just don't unstand companies anymore. this job he got fired from, its funny, he was working for this tire company, and instead of firing the person who starts everything, they fire the person who works the hardest. i found out that they had to hire five more men and they can't put out as many as he did. i hope he finds a job. i'll keep you in my prayers.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:55 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• On the job training flew out the window a long time ago. Can he use his time as a student and at his last job as experience? There's a lot of competition for jobs right now, so he should apply to everything and anything even if he's underqualified. He just needs a fantastic resume and cover letter to prove he can do the job.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My husband works at the county jail and 2 years ago he took the Sgt's test. The test is 3 parts- a test, a written test, and an oral board. My husband blew the others out of the water on the first two tests and he knew he would do good on the oral board because he went to several oral boards in the army. When it came down to who got Sgt., it was a guy who had scored dead last on one of the first tests, and okay on the other test, and had an awesome score on the oral board. Basically, they picked who they wanted as Sgt. Anyways, someone wrote a letter to the board of commissioners complaining about the test. They thought it was my husband since he came in second place. They did a handwriting test and a polygraph and that cleared him, but just the hassle of being accused of it was bad enough.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Did he report this unfair act to the labor board?
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 11:35 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• YES!! I got blamed for stealing $40. Then later the supervisor who checked my till found a $40 check stuck to the back of another check. They wrote me up anyway. I was so tempted to say, "Hey if you're going to write me up for that 'missing' $40 you might as well give me the $40."
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2010