When and Where do you plant herbs?

EmmaLeeMaLa

Asked by EmmaLeeMaLa at 1:08 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Depends on the herb. Usually its about April 15. But first you start them in little cups with dirt then transplant them to the ground.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 1:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Depends on the herb and if it's a annual or perennial and I plant mine in window boxes. ;:)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have a Kitchen Herb Garden next to my patio. It has annual and perennial herbs. I usually replace my annuals in May only because here in Cleveland we sometimes get very heavy lake effect snow in late April. Certain perennial herbs in my garden are actually in large pots in the ground because they can become invasive, such as mint and oregano.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• In the late spring in our garden....we have temporary greenhouse tents we place over our garden "sprouts" so they are not damaged by cool nights, until the threat of frost is gone.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have a basil plant in my kitchen, and I plan on getting Cilantro as well. I prefer growing herbs indoors so I can make sure they are organic; I can control the soil/water/etc. I also like having access year round.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:24 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Scuba ~ ideally I wish I had sunroom/observatory, but I grow so many different things it would have to be huge! LOL... I also grow more than one of each thing because I dehydrate everything so I have herbs mixes for the winter months.

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• after Mother's Day here in Michigan, and my herb garden is right outside my back door so it's very convenient!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• In small pots on my deck so the damn deer and other animals wont eat them like they do in the garden if I plant them there. The deck is 10 feet off the ground.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• anytime I find an herb at a nursery I pick it up and pop it into a flower bed or my garden out in the back yard. Sometimes they die, but usually they live. What are you growing?
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:04 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I planted them in a little closed up area in my garden but now that i donot have a garden i keep them in pots out side my door
    BkMommy2be

Answer by BkMommy2be at 9:32 AM on Aug. 29, 2010