Robyn for president!!!!! lol

Lol.. If i were president id wipe out everyones debt... (somehow lol) , no more DEBT for everyone!!!!! then we would all start spending again.. buying cars houses.. what have u.. economy will pick up again.. lol... hey but thats in my fantasy world... have a good day all ...

ladiesfirst

Asked by ladiesfirst at 10:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL... good one.... but since that will never happen, I do thing something they can do is lower interest rates on current mortgages AND credit card debt, cut it in half, then folks can afford to pay their bills, the companies will make more money than they are now, because no one would have to default. Better to get some $$ than none!!
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 10:38 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• LOL YEA THATS GOOD TOO LOL
    ladiesfirst

Answer by ladiesfirst at 10:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• in a perfect world, that would be a great idea. but until people learn to live with what they actually can afford, within their means(budget for real necessities, not just wants)..you could give people all the money in the world to pay off their debts,and it wouldn't be long before they'd piled up debt again. its like crash dieting..you may lose weight quickly by fasting, or taking speed, but until you learn to control your eating/exercise to burn calories..you'll put the weight back on in no time.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I dont have any debt, DH has a student loan I think but thats it..... I dont have a cell phone, I DO have 2 cars though (DH has a truck toyota 4 runner, and I have my minivan) have to have the van it fits us all the truck doesnt and its nice to be able to go out if DH is at work....even if I dont often!
    Anyway I kinda think that the credit freeze is a GOOD thing! Why the sam hill cant people SAVE to get what they want....instant gratification is what credit gets you.... now credit isnt ALL bad, just mostly... like you cant save for a house while renting one.... so a mortgage is okay and a bit of a safely net "emergency CC" (problem with those is emergency changes definition....
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 12:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2008