Breast reduction.....?? adult content

Any one had this done? I am a 38 I . I have had DD boobs since I was in 6th grade, then with each pregnancy and each round of breastfeeding, they kept growing and growing. I have 4 kids under 5 now and I really want to have a reduction surgery done, but I'm worried about the recovery. I'm a SAHM and my youngest is 6 months old. I have a really high tolerance for pain, but I'm worried that not taking it easy could really screw things up. So how bad is the recovery??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Health

• I had it done in May. Pregnancy made my boobs grow from a DD to a G in less than 4 months. When I delivered, I was an H. Thankfully, I went back down to a G, but it was still too painful for me. The process was really quick- went in March for a consultation. She said I qualified, and they set a date. Insurance approved within 3 weeks, and then I went to do lab work. Then in May I had it done. I was pretty nervous, and it seemed surreal since I had wanted this operation my whole life. After the surgery was over I received pain pills. I took them for about a week. The pain was not that bad at all. You do need help the first 1-2 days because you will be kind of out of it. The rest is just healing. It takes about 6months-1yr to fully recover, but 4 days after surgery I was doing everything normal (even though you arent supposed to for 6 weeks). 3 months later, Im a D and I love it!!! PM if you want any more advice/have questions.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 3:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I haven't had the guts to do it, I'm 5'2" and a 38F. I've always wanted it done. When I was a teenager I weighed 100 pounds, and was a 32 DDD. I have seen a surgeon, but chickened out.

One of my closest friends had it done, and is really happy that she did. She's inspiring me, maybe I'll get up the guts yet..... good luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:28 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My mom had it done. She took it easy for a few days, but was back on her feet pretty quickly, but then again did not have any small kids to look after. She says it was the best thing she could've done and wished she'd done it sooner. If you can find extra help during the recovery, definitely try not to put it off! Maybe when your smallest is a little more independent?
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:24 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My sitter told me the other day that she'd had one about 4-5 years ago. She said it was the best thing she ever did for herself.

I'm hoping to get one myself in the next few years. I'd like one more child first, and breastfeeding is worth putting off a reduction a little longer. They've been a pain in the neck/back/etc for 15 years now, what's a couple more?

If you do it, let us know how it goes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Aug. 28, 2010