Does your little one watch Sesame Street?

First of all I love Sesame STreet. I grew up watching it and I love that my DD is watching as well. The only thing that bothers me is that I think Elmo has too much damn air time. Anyone else think so? I mean I know I shouldn't care, but when it's on as much as it is in my house, it gets annoying hearing his voice all the time.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 1:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah we are in an Elmo phase right now.. My two yr old little girl loves him, I think a lot of kids are very drawn to the little guy. We do'nt have cable, but occasionally we let her watch Sesame Street on iTunes and she ALWAYS asks for Elmo...or Wonder Pets. It does get old though...lol.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• thats the main reason my kids sit an watch Sesame Street...but it has chnged for me so much...they took off most of my fave characters or limited their air times..like the count,groover,an cookie monster...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My kids don't like Elmo. What they like the most is watching videos of themselves.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 1:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• She watches the Play with Me Sesame. And I agree that Elmo is really overrated. As kids, we all loved Grover. We would walk into family gatherings and scream "Hello everybody" in our best Grover voice.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• yes i agree. my kids don't get into it as much now that they have word world on. my youngest who is three can now spell dog, bear, sheep, duck and frog cuz of that show.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Haha, Elmo is my kid's favorite part!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Both of my kids stop what they are doing if they hear anything that has to do with sesame street or elmo lol and yes his voice is SOOOO annoying!!!!! UGH
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My 3 yo loves Elmo. But he loves the whole show in general. My favorite was Big Bird and Mr Snuffaluffagus (sp).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010