.

My sis n law of 1 yr. , has turned out to be a narcissist. She has helped me in many ways, however, its had its price. She is verbally abusive, wants me over constantly and while I am there “visiting” she has me going to grab this in one room, go do this in the other room, etc. I have put up with it because I have been her terminally ill, 14 yr. old sons, respite care worker. She always is bad mouthing someone, nagging me about what I should be doing, etc. Again, I have put up with her because she is my only siblings spouse, she has gotten me two part time jobs and helped me move into a nice duplex (which I would not otherwise qualified for). But, I am about to snap at her, it would be all bad. Sometimes I can block what she’s saying and other times I go home stressed or in a bad mood. Any suggestions on how to handle or what to say to such a person? .

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I would stand up for yourself. She HELPED you get these things which is wonderful but she is walking all over you and you need to stand your ground with her. When it comes to the point that you leave your job and come home in a bad mood you need to take a stand. She help you get these things she can't take them away from you. I have a very hight stress job and when I walk into work it's stress time most of the time but once I clock out and walk out those doors it's me time and family time I leave my work at work and my home life at home. So when you walk out her door cause you are there for work to help with her son. Walk out of there and leave it there. Hopefully that helps you out but I would talk to her cause she is not your controler so stop allowing her to control you. TAKE A STAND FOR YOURSELF MOMMA............
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Im sorry, maybe you should talk to your brother about it and see what he thinks.. Or simply tell her no. You have to draw lines or she will continue to talk all over you.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 1:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i would thank her for what she has done for me but kindly let her know that she is stressing me out..an that u are tired of her treating u like you are beneath me..but also that u love her but u cant keep taking all the negativity an its stressing u to no end..

What does your husband say aabout this..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You can let her know how she makes you feel or let her be no one can change someone like that she has her ways now you be the better person and ignore her just phase her out. Don't let her get on your nerves DO NOT ALLOW IT. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2010