SIMILAC ADVANCE FORMULA?

has everone ever had a problem with this formula? Because every since my son was a 2months old, he constantly had the runs. So i started putting ceral in each of his bottles, and that took care of the problem. But if i put him on Parents Choice or Enfilmil and didnt use ceral he would be fine. the doctor has always told me its not the formula, that every formula is the same. But honestly i think the doctor is full of crap. Anyone else ever had this problem, or an i just crazy?

mybabychunk

Asked by mybabychunk at 10:38 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, your not crazy. Each formula DOES have a different reaction to different babies. Switch his formula if you found something that is better.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Every formula is not the same. While they do contain almost the exact same list of ingredients, the ratios are different. If you think the Similac is causing the problem, switch to a different formula and then stick with that new one consistently.
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• yea i would say your doctor is full of crap too i would continue to do what your doing if it is working and not causing any problems and i would also if your in the position to do so find another dr. do you really want to depend on someone like that for the rest of your childs life
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I started off using Similac Advanced with my son. He did ok. But he would spit up often. His pedi told me to put him on the regular Parents Choice, it's the same as the Similac Advanced. Plus it has more stuff in it that is better for him. It's on the label. She said she prefers it over the Similac and it is so much cheaper. My son hasn't had a problem with it. Good Luck.
    HuntersMom4908

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• NOT ALL FORMULAS ARE THE SAME!!
    Sometimes with formual fed babies it's a trial and error thing to find the one that is right for you LO.
    I originally was breastfeeding....but it didn't satisfy my DS....so I switched to formula. It was an expense we had a hard time with. So we used the Parents Choice. It was ok for Gio....than I applied for WIC (when we still lived in NY) and they provided Enfamil. We used the *Gentlease* kind. The Enfamil brand was actually better on Gio's tummy.
    So when we moved to DE we had to switch to Similac.(different states have different contracts with the formula co.'s) Which is working out ok.
    I do however prefer the Enfamil....it seems to break down better....IMO>
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 12:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Docs full of crap! He doesn't know shit about how YOUR baby reacts. It's YOU that sees and experiences how your baby does. Go with what you know works for your L.O. You will be glad you did.
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 12:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• If the Similac Sensitive (or enfamil lactofree) doesn't work, you may have to do the hypoallergenic for about a month. It's really expensive, tastes bad, but it does solve the problem rather well if you think its an allergy or really big problem.
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 12:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• thats so crazy to hear. I have a one month old who drinks similac advanced and it makes him constipated....when he never is so am trying to find a formula without the iron in it because from what I have heard to much iron can cause constipation. But to answer your question I think the doc. is full of crap I agree I think its the formula
    vwakin

Answer by vwakin at 1:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• GET A NEW DOCTOR
    Frogger33

Answer by Frogger33 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• my doctor said the same thing when my baby was screaming because she was constipated and told me its normal.. she said some babies only go about once a week or some can go once a day. after trying advance and isomil i tried the alimentum... worked wonders!!! she didnt know anything, my baby is much happier, and she was unhappy because of her formula! now that shes a little older i give her good start becuase its broken down, just not as much as alimentum... GO WITH YOUR MOTHERLY INSTINCT! :-D thats what we have it for right?
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 8:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2008