Can 2 1/2 year old sleep walk?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 1:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe? I don't really know. My youngest son just turned 3 and he started crying the other night for me. When DH checked on him DS2 was climbing up the bunk bed ladder asleep. He never did that before. Again he did something similar tonight but I don't know if he was fully asleep either time.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• yes they can..all 4 of mine had an still do..
    just monitor her, put everything thats dangerous out reach an keep a journal if u can of everything they do an say for the doc just in case u need to...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• For sure!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 1:55 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• no doubt about it,lol.
    katzeyez1979

Answer by katzeyez1979 at 2:01 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• josh was about two at the time we had just finish renovate the bath room at this time out came josh peeing in corner of the kitchen lol
    yes he still sleep walks as adult but no peeing.i told never to wake the child up when they are walking just help him back to bed.and in the morning you can talk about it best thing just laugh about it
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:05 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yup! My son did it and my daughter does it every now and again too. My son got up once, walked into the kitchen, and peed on the trash bin. Then walked back into his room and sat on his bed. Once my husband and I stopped laughing. He went in there and asked my son why he did that. My son said that he used the toilet and then laid down on his bed. Fall back to complete sleep.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 2:06 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• YES.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• yes they can. i know this sounds harsh, but i had to "lock" my oldest up when she went to bed. she fell down the stairs sleepwalking. luckly i was heading up. social worker sudjected it. none of us know how she gotthe gate open! the woman was going around helping me childproof the house when that happened! the woman was as scaried and confussed as i was. she's the only one who does it too.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes. A child of any age can walk up and have the same notion of sleep walking, even if they're immobile.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't know if they can or not.My guess would be yes.But that is just a guess.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2010