Do any of you know what Yaoi is? and should a parent be concerned if thier 16 year old daughter is into it? adult content

Opens the question of how to talk to your teenager if you think they are sexually confused. The teenager in this case had a boyfriend just a few weeks ago. Now she thinks she may be "bi." and "into" her BFF. Mom, who is very uncomfortable with all of this "talk" needs help talking to her daughter about her feelings, when she-the mom- can't relate to any of this.

veggiemom726

Asked by veggiemom726 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• my teens say its a character on simms..something bout homosexual male love..
    i just told my 13 dd when she went thru it a few months ago thats it ok to question her sexuallity..we all did it when we were younger..but not to do anything until she was really sure..cause once u take that step into sexual experimentation there is no turining back..an to be careful..i let her no i am her mom so i will not judge any which a way she chooses..an i love her no matter what..but just to remember no matter which way she goes that she is still a female..an her bedroom business should stay just that bedroom business..she dont have to dress in a certain way or broadcast it to the world...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It seems to be the LATEST CRAZE with teens these days. They want to experiment and say they are bi so then can justify their actions. Most kids are in a phase. They usually go back to their original preference.

Somehow some teens think it is SO COOL to do it.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You can read about it on www.urbandictionary.com It is a Japanese slang word for homosexuality,etc.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• you shouldn't be worried, my kids love the whole anime thing. its ok for your girl to like new stuff and explore (sexuality), it builds caracter. dont worry. im sure your daughter would tell you if she had a problem with anything or if she felt different. xxxx
    animemom0012

Answer by animemom0012 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• animemom0012 ... but, I don't get why a 16 year old GIRL would find it fascinating to watch boys in a sexual way. I get that she might be curious, but she claims she is not drawn to the yuri thing, the girl on girl action. If she were questioning her sexuality, wouldn't you think she'd be more into the yuri stuff? I just don't "get it." It does bug me. I really don't like it, but I know there are worse things. I suppose i just need to try to not let this freak me out. I'm not a homophobe. I'm truly not, but I have to admit that I don't relate to it. Just strange to me.
    veggiemom726

Comment by veggiemom726 (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2010