Should I be angry? Teen went behind my back...

16 yr old DD had laptop taken away for multiple irresponsibilities... not doing chores, not keeping room clean, lack of attention to dental hygeine, etc... All things that had been discussed many times in past. I finally lost it, and decided I would take something away until she could demonstrate more effort and follow rules. Now I have found out that she has been using the Wii to go online. Does that warrant another punishment, or should I pat her on the head for resourcefulness? LOL! seriously...WWYD?

veggiemom726

Asked by veggiemom726 at 2:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Ground her. That is what I'd do or take away her phone (if she has one). That is thinking. I'd give her that much, but that is still directly defying you and your rules.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 2:09 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If your said no internet, then OI would take away anything that gives her access for the net. Stick to your word. Good Luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:35 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• kudos for being resourceful but yea i would rock that kids world and take every technological device that she had... she can sit in her empty room and think about what happened and why.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well i will be the first person to tell you at 16 yrs old and not brushing your teeth,doing chores,and not keeping your room clean is uncalled for so ya I would ground her longer and make sure there is no way she can get on line. Her ass needs to realize that brushing your teeth is gross and dirty, not keeping your bedroom clean is nasty also It's not that hard to pick up after yourself, and doing your chores there the things you know you have to do get them done and keep your mouth shut about it and just do it.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:59 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Hells ya she needs to be punished lol

she needs to accept the fact that she is grounded and take it lol

now if she finds other ways to get on the enternet then you take that away
    and give her another punishment lol
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 5:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• sorry, but when i ground our kids from the cumputer, that means vidoe games and tv. yours is older, so she probly has a cell, i'd take that too.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I agree, when grounded all the things she likes should be off limits to her. Apparently she thinks she's smarter than you, which they all do at that age. Be firm and consistant with your decisions you've made to punish her and add 1 more on for going behind your back. Good luck hon, that's a tough age to deal with.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:01 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Secretly, I'd be a little proud, but she needs to have the Wii taken away as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Now, technically speaking you only took away her laptop without any instruction that she couldn't use the Wii for internet use. However, speaking that she's still disobeying you and using other devices to do what her laptop did, she deserves further punishment. I personally would take the Wii away until she can do what is asked of her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Oh man that was smart, :) But seriously I would have to do more, like not let her go anywhere or get rid of the WII for a while.
    greenbeanmoma

Answer by greenbeanmoma at 10:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010