Whats the statistics?

Does anyone know what the chances of us having a girl if in my Husband's family all the boys have had girls first?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 10:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is based time of ovulation and age of the male. It is said that if you get pregnant in the first days of ovulation you are most likely to have a boy, and if your man is younger his male sperm are more likely to last a little longer. It is all random so I do not think you could put a mathematical stat on it
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i belive ti may be pretty big chance my ex his family all boys first we got a boy first and lol now my SO his family boys first and we are pretty sure this one is a boy too lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Some people will say there's a huge chance, but I honestly think it all has to do with you and your husband. Everyone told me I had a two in six chance of having a girl because my boyfriend has two sisters and three brothers, and that that was an "accurate way" to determine your chances. I was convinced that I was having a boy...but whattaya know, I'm having a girl xP So I don't think it has anything to do with what his family members had.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• it depends on the sperm that hits your egg... my fathers side of the family only produces female sperm
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• an egg has nothing to do with it depens on if the sperm is x(girl) or y(boy) all eggs are x
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2008