why has he started to pee the bed now?

my son is 4 1/2 and has been potty trained for over a year now. he had an accident here and there but few and far between. now all the sudden he has been wetting the bed everynight! it just started three nights ago. i thought maybe it had something to do with his daddy being in iraq, but he has been gone over a month and the bed wetting is just starting. i dont know what to do. he is so embarrased about it. what do i do??

ArmyWife15

Asked by ArmyWife15 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't worry about it. I had the same problem at that age and it went away. Some kids just have that problem. Make sure he doesn't drink anything before bed and uses the potty. Put a plastic liner over the mattress too. If this is a reocurring problem then get him those underjams by pampers. Its a lot easier than getting up in the middle of the night to change the sheets and his pants! Good Luck@
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Hmm...Perhaps your son could have a psychological disorder called Enuresis. You might want to take him to a doctor or psychologist based on this condition. However, I highly recommend you visit this marvelous website called Nogginpower2. One thing I learned about Nogginpower2 is that they have an excellent reading on DIscipline and Getting a Good Night Sleep/bed Wetting. Both of these manuals from Nogginpower2 should teach you to help your four-year-old refrain himself from bed-wetting. These packets are written in an informative, yet straightforward manner. I hope this helps you with your current situation. Thank you and good luck.
    paulacolls19715

Answer by paulacolls19715 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Well I have twins they are 3. My daughter never did wet the bed and they have been potty trained since being 1 1/2. My son use to but what I did was after 7:30 p.m. I cut off all liquid intake and he has been doing great ever since. You should try it out to see if it works for your son. Let me know how it works for him.
    Shalanda0618

Answer by Shalanda0618 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008