tips for taking prenatal pills

help me please. i am 19 weeks and these pills are so big. i used to be able to take them but i started thinking about it to much... i am such a weiny. they smell and they are so large i take them with liquid and they always go down without an issue but it is just the smell and size.

anyone PLEASE any tips on how to distract myself or something? i am aware that taking these are not that bad... i just cant make my brain stop thinking . so tired :| blah

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 2:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doc said it was ok to take 2 Chewable Flintstone Vitamins instead of the prenatals. Of course I had to pay for them, but it was so much better than trying to swallow a big horse pill. Plus they dont give you any side effects (nausea, headaches) that the prenatals do.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would cut them in half and take them at bedtime. That way they don't make you burp.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• With my first pregnancy I had some huge prenatals that were hard to swallow so I cut them in half but then my stomach would get upset so I talked to my Dr about it and he said that they have a coating and layering or something like that to prevent upset stomach and cutting them made them open on one side so the coating wouldn't work so he put me on a different one that was much smaller and smelled like vanilla instead of vitamins.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• HA! and with that i just took it lol! i need to stop thinking is all... this question is still open though. fun tips on how to distract ones self can get pretty creative so Please amuse me =D
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 2:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• dear god i have never thought of that. Duh. how simple would things be if i just cut them in half.... can we just say that i am tired? and not a dodo.... :| thank you Adrianas!
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 2:35 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No! I take 2 prenatals, 2 DHA, 3 heartburn medication (I have a GI condition) and calcium pil all at the same time, and 5 of those are large "horse" pills! Ihave done it 5 times, and all you can do is get used to it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You could always take kids chewables.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2010