What would you be willing to pay?

If you had a girlfriend having a makeover/makeup party and she couldn't afford to pay for everyone (or if you were the host and paying for all your guests) what would feel comfortable paying?
Parties would be fun.....offering different packages.
Bachelorette parties - get airbrushed, dramatic makeup before the big night out.
Lessons - get your friends together to have makeup lessons with fun games to play. Or plan a lesson party for teens who are just starting to use makeup.
Girls Night Out parties- get the girls together before the night out to have some makeup applied.

The makeup is done by licensed professionals who are using professional products and the newest treands in the industry.
Any ideas for different parties are welcome also!

CJM_SHM

Asked by CJM_SHM at 2:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• $20.00 is a good price.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:45 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• about $20/person is a reasonable price.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:51 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I guess it would depend what all the packages offered, how detailed they were and what came with it.
    ArmyWifeMomof2.

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof2. at 2:59 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It really depends on what was being offered.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 3:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i would like to have a selection of pricing and i could use what i wanted to add or take away for a particular price. say you have a whole make up kit. foundation, eye liner, eye shadow so on and so fourth. offering 3 items for a certain price or 5 or 7 whatever. i suppose though they would end up leaving without having paid anything that way. i would say 20-30.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It would depend on what is offered..
    typically I would charge by the hour and the service.. so if a client were to take an hour each it could range from $20.00-$100.00 a person pending on the services.. (manicures and pedicures and make up being on the lower end, while facials, updo's etc being on the higher end..

so in other words if my service included a mini mani/pedi and make over.. I would probably charge about $25-35 a person for a packaged deal like that.

and would be sure to have retail available for purchase.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Bachelorette parties - get airbrushed, dramatic makeup before the big night out. (for this I would do about $20 a pop.. but you could include simple up do's and jack it up to about $50.00 a person easily)

Lessons - get your friends together to have makeup lessons with fun games to play. Or plan a lesson party for teens who are just starting to use makeup. (I'd charge by the hour for this not the people.. and include plenty of available retail for purchase.. probably around $20 an hour?)

Girls Night Out parties- get the girls together before the night out to have some makeup applied. (I'd do $10-$15 for make up.. and again, include hair and you can add up to $30-$50 easily enough)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• there are also deals like princess packages: mini mani/pedi, updo and glitter lips for example..

v-day specials..

and soo many options.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i think 20 is good even 25
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 4:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• LOL... I used to do them for free when I worked for Mary Kay. I've done Wedding parties, I've done Prom preparations, I've done skin care parties for teens.... It wasn't a huge expense, I already had all the make-up and product in individual samples.... We had these parties and I didn't push product, it was for fun...but if anyone wanted it that was a bonus for me.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010