does this make sense???

this guy has rental properties up the street from my house and he is evicting someone who's kids played with my younger brother(so we know them well) he is giving them three days. they went to the city and tried to complain but who they spoke to said that that was legal.... i wouldn't think that that is legal... only three days to pack up a family and find somewhere else to go.

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 2:59 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• they need a 30 day notice if they had already gotten this notice then they hav to move in 3 days but if they never got this notice then its ilegal if he just randomly told him get out in 3 days unless he has a letter form a court or something then yes they have to move what is the reason they got victed
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't remember what state your in but in VT no you have to be served paperwork and from that date of the paperwork goes in your hand you have 30days. But then there is also a paper you can file that will give you an extra 15 days if you haven't found a place and you have 10days left. Really evicting someone in this state can really take a landlord 3-9 months from them getting evicted. There's loop holes everywhere. You really just have to read every little thing and you can find one. My friend went though this and matter of fact she now owns the apartment building next to where she was evicted.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• if he has already givin out eviction 30 day notice he sure can do that..
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 3:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• oh yeah. it took four of us, but there has to be a very good reason. me and three neighbors got our one kicked out cuz on school nights they insited on blaring that stupid loud music that shook all ten kids out of bed. they did three times a night. so unless he had a reason, lots of complaits or not paying rent, they can try to fight. but i just remembered, we had that happen to us. the landlord sold the house to someone else. so they kicked us out.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:31 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Some states allow for quick evictions under certain conditions - gross delinquency on rent, damage to the property, etc. I would guess that if the owner has several rental properties he is well versed in what he can and can't do, they received their answer from the courthouse that they have to go. I'm sorry that they are going through this, hope they can find another place quickly.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:09 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• no notice. he just evicted them..

i am in shock that someone at the court house would just brush something like this off...
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I thought it was 30 days? Wow, I hope the family is able to find a new home quickly.
    1scrappinmama

Answer by 1scrappinmama at 8:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• How do you know they haven't been given 30 days or some other extension...are you SURE they are telling you the whole story?! Bottom line, the landlord has every right to expect that tenants pay ON TIME and IN FULL every month. IF that doesn't happen, then eviction is the end result. 

Are the tenants employed?  Could it be that the landlord is in financial trouble?  Could he be losing the house?  If so, then everyone loses!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:11 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• As far as I understand the legal Eviction time limit is 30 days.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Legal Eviction time varies from state to state and with in that from situation to situation.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010