For moms who have had a c-section, is your stomach still numb?

I delievered my twins by c-section on 6/16/10. I still feel numb spots just below my belly button. Has anyone else had this happen? I know I can just call my doc, but I would like to know from other women if they are having this issue.

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 3:04 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Health

• I haven't had a c-section, but I had an abdominal surgery that left me with an 8" vertical scar, from about 1.5" above my belly button, around it, to a few inches below. This was done over 2.5 years ago. I also had a tubal (1" incision in my belly button) over 3 years ago, and an open appendectomy (4" incision on my right lower abdomen) 2.5 years ago. Spots on ALL the scars are numb.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i had a c section over 18 yrs ago and on my scar some places i don't really have feeling in. the nerves may of lost their feeling.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:05 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I HAD MY SON ON 5-27-09 AND TILL THIS DAY I FEEL THE NUMBNESS AROUND THE AREA OF THE C-SECTION. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME ITS BECAUSE THE NERVES GET CUTT SO THEY ARENT ALL BK TOGETHER YET....IM NOT EVEN SURE IF THEY EVER WILL BE BUT IT DOES ANNOY ME. AND CONGRATS ON UR TWINS!!
    GUDMOMMY86

Answer by GUDMOMMY86 at 3:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i have had 5 c sections and after the 2nd parts of stomach stayed with that numb feeling, the last one was 5 yrs ago and I still have numbness in places. I think its a forever thing
    tricia1332

Answer by tricia1332 at 3:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I had a c-section in 1994 and I have about a 2-inch area all around the scar that is completely numb.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes, it was like that after my c-section in 2002, and stayed that way and same goes for the one in 2008. Now I am going to have a third 02/2011 and I know the feeling will never go away.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thanks for the responses. I had three vaginal deliveries before I had a c-section so I didn't know what to expect. It just feels so weird.
    twinmama2five

Comment by twinmama2five (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My mom had a c-section with my sister in Feb of 2001. I didn't so I called and asked her. She felt it and said on the scar, it's still numb. She even held an ice cube to it and didn't feel it, just the cold water below when it started to melt.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2010