she pireced her own tounge!!!

what should i do now?
ground her? what should i do?
and yes she took a needle to her own tounge!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• make her take it out if you have rules against it and ground her like for any other thing that you would. and include a couple talks about how unsafe and unsanitary piercing ones tongue can be - make sure you do a lot of research about it first. so you can for sure with the battle
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:19 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I woulg ground her for a while and ya do what momofu said. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i dont know what to say, but im not sure if grounding her will work... maybe u shud change the approach... im no therapist just a concerned mother...
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 4:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Whatever you do dont make her take it out until it heals!!! If you do it can cause the inside of her tongue to tear and become infected! infected! get her some literine(sp) and have her clean her mouth after EVERYTHING! every drink (even water, everytime she eats ect. then once it heals (in about 2-6 weeks) make her remove it!!! Grounding may not work, look up some picture online of infected tongues and include those on a MAJOR talk about how unsafe it is even done corectly it can truely be!
    mamabear8869

Answer by mamabear8869 at 4:53 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Most Dr.'s would be so against the piercing.....take her to the Dr. to have it looked at (just to be safe)and have him(or her) go over ALL the complications that can result from even having it done professionally! Maybe that would scare her....and I'd say ground her for sure!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would take her to a doctor. It should be looked at to make sure that there is no infection or serious damage.

Then, you need to think about what is going on with her. Has she been asking to have it done and you refused? Is this a rebellion? If she has asked and you said no and this is what she did, there obviously need some consequence. Not knowing the whole situation, I'm not sure what to suggest.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Take it out- & make her rinse a lot w/ Peroxyl & Listerine (not at the same time) Next, ground her (into the dirt!) for being so careless/stupid! Doing your own ears is one thing, but any other places should be done in a sterile enviroment, by someone trained. And NOT AT ANY AGE UNDER 18! (Besides most schools are cracking down on the visible piercings- & more parents need to as well!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• OMG! That is so dangerous. Make her take it out immediately. It could get infected. If she was mine, OMG, she would be grounded for so long!!! I'd with her every minute of her day so that she didn't do it again, or at least until she got my point!!! Good Luck!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:51 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• First I would take her to a doctor - make sure it's not infected and she didn't damage anything. I would also have him explain to her the risks of doing that. I would also ground her, friends, computer, etc. This is a rebel move, and IMO a hard line is needed.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:05 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• First off I would take her to the doctor and let her tell them exactly what she did so they can evaluate how safe it was and what precautions if any need to be taken form here. Then I would have her remove it. Then I would have her grounded form leaving the house on weekends for a couple of weeks since clearly you can't trust her alone or at friends houses or where ever she was at the time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2010